|Company Name||Changsha Staherb Natural Ingredients Co., Ltd.,|
|Country/Region:||Hu Nan - China|
|Last Online:||25 Mar, 2021|
The Mangostin, colloquially known simply as "the mangosteen", is a tropical evergreen tree, believed to have originated in the Sunda Islands and the Moluccas of Indonesia. The Purple Mangosteen belongs to the same genus as the other – less widely known mangosteens, such as the Button Mangosteen (G. prainiana) or the Lemondrop Mangosteen (G. madruno).
Mangostin, also known as the Queen of Fruits, is a delicious tasting fruit native to Southeast Asia. Mangosteen rind was found to have strong antioxidant properties, due to the high content of Xanthones. Of the 200 known xanthones, nearly 50 are found in the "Queen of Fruits”. α-, β-, γ-mangostin are the major components, the most abundant of which is α-mangostin.
1. Anti-oxidant: Mangostin is the inhibitor of oxidation of LDL, which have major role in cardio-vascular and related chronic diseases.
2. Anti-allergies and inflammations: γ- mangostin was identified to inhibit COX.
3. Anti-virus and anti-bacteria: the polysaccharides in the extract form can stimulate phagocytic cells to kill intracellular bacteria.
4. Anti-cancer: Mangostin has been revealed to inhibit topoisomerase, which is essential for cell division in cancer cells, also could selectively induce cell apoptosis and inhibit cell division.
1. Applied in food field, it is often made into juice or other drinks in the market;
2. Applied in health product and pharmaceutical field, it is widely used to prevent and treat various disease;
3. Applied in cosmetic field, it is widely used in the skin care products.